Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day mani & new polishes (pic heavy)

I love St. Patrick's Day, but this year mine was pretty lame.  Long story short I didn't wear what I had planned, I didn't drink as much as I had planned & my mani wasn't what I had planned (but I still love it).  I started off with a coat of L.A. Colors basecoat topcoat then 2 coats of Orly Lucky Duck & let it dry a bit before adding Julep Fast Dry Topcoat (not sure how well it worked considering it still dented after 10 minutes) & then a coat of Essie A Cut Above.  I love pink & green together.
2 coats Orly Lucky Duck & 1 coat Essie A Cut Above
Friday I bought a little table to use when I paint my nails, it's really cute so I'm adding a photo.
On Saturday I got 2 packages in the mail from a friend of mine who sent me polish (including my first Orly & Spoiled polishes!).  Here's what I got:

(cropped this picture, not exactly what I wanted the out come to be)

Orly Luxe, Shine, Rage, Flirty, Peachy Parrot, Lucky Duck, Sweet Peacock

Essie Shine of the Times, A Cut Above

Nicole by OPI Disco Dolls, OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam!, Metallic 4 Life

China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Skyscraper

Spoiled Shuffle The Deck, Ants In My Pants, Pet My Peacock, Jewelry Heist
Today I got 3 different packages of polish in the mail!  First off, I had a lovely lady (Tina Burnett) send my Green Ocean from Sinful Colors because she saw on Facebook that I couldn't find it!  Thank you so much Tina!
Sinful Colors Green Ocean
 My next package is from Zoya & the buy 3 get 3 free promo they had.  I'm up to 60 Zoya polishes now!
Zoya Chloe, Opal, Maisie, Purity, Lotus, Tru
& last, but not least is my St. Patrick's Day mystery box from Julep.  Yes, I am pissed that it got here AFTER the holiday it was meant for.  I understand that a lot of the boxes weighed more than normal & all that, but they still could have sold them sooner so everyone would get them for the holiday.  Mine included about $80 worth of stuff & to be honest the only thing I like is Sofia so I may be open for trades (read after the picture).
Julep Glenn, Sofia, Emma, basecoat, Glow On, Facials For Hands, glass file, chocolate coins
I'm pretty sure I'll never use the Glow On age defying hand brightener or the Facials For Hands glycolic hand scrub (1 oz. each, $17.60 on Julep's site) & I would LOVE to trade them for Portia, Anne or Taylor.  I'd also be willing to trade away the file ($6) & *maybe* the polishes except Sofia, but I would like to trade away the 2 creams before anything else.  Comment below or send me an email at vdpurington@gmail.com if you're interested in trading.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment