Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Weekend haul & magnetic Nabi

After my son's wrestling tournament this past Sunday we stopped at Walgreen's so I could see what nail polishes I could find & I bought 10, lol.  I don't normally do that.  Here are the bottle shots:
magnetic Nabi & Sinful Colors


Nabi (no name), Sinful Colors Pinky Glitter, Island Coral, Innocent, Olympia

Sinful Colors Greek Isles, Cinderella, Grecian Sun, Neptune, Kissy
The magnetic Nabi is my first Nabi polish & my first magnetic polish so I really wanted to try it out.  I can't find a name anywhere on the bottle & I don't know if the polishes were named on the display or not (I hate when polishes don't have names, even if they're stupid ones).  I found the brush a bit weird to hold since it's so big & the brush was a lot bigger than I like.  The polish is thicker than most polishes, but did cover in one coat.  Working nail by nail I painted, flipped the brush over since the magnet is on the top of the cap (a bit awkward) & held it over the nail.  The design (diagonal) came up on my nails alright, but since my nails curve & aren't flat only the tops/middle of most of my nails got any design.  I tried only painting half my left thumb nail & doing the design & then doing the other half, but i didn't have the magnet going in the same direction so the design made more of a V shape.  My left pointer nail hardly has any design at all (I did accidently touch the magnet to my nail).  I really do like the color of this polish & if you can get it to work it looks really neat.  The polish was also $4.99 which is a lot cheaper than what I've seen a lot of magnetic polishes going for.  Overall I like this, but I would like it if the magnets came curved & not on the bottle.  Also, I already have some chips (no topcoat).  Sorry about the picture, I took it quick before my son's practice.  What's your take on magnetic polishes?
blue magnetic Nabi (no name).  1 coat, no topcoat in artificial light & no flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment