Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Fun with Floam

Holy sh!t, I'm blogging for the second day in a row!  LOL.  In all honesty I actually FEEL like doing my nails more, maybe it's the heat or the fact that my son's baseball season is now over, who knows.  Considering I have over 400 polishes I feel a bit guilty if I'm not painting my nails & if I'm not using polishes I never have so I used 3 "new" polishes for my mani today:
NYC New York Color High Line Green, Water Street Blue (topped with Matte Me Crazy) & Nail-Venturous Floam

NYC New York Color Water Street Blue, High Line Green (topped with Matte Me Crazy) & Nail-Venturous Floam
I really love this combo, but it's not a surprise when green & blue have always been two of my favorite colors.  I started off with a basecoat (NYC New York Color Grand Central Station) & then 2 coats of Water Street Blue & High  Line Green--both covered perfectly in 2 coats.  I added Matte Me Crazy (which I LOVE) over those nails since I haven't used it in awhile.  As an accent nail I did 4 coats of Floam with 2 coats of Out the Door topcoat (helped somewhat with smoothing it out, but not completely).
I love all of these polishes, but the problem I had with using that many coats of polish for Floam is this:
Floam "nail"
All the polish on my nail peeled off in one chunk.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I don't have scrub off Floam, but I also wanted it to last more than the 16 hours or so I had it on.  Guess I'll just use some "underwear" with it so I don't need so many coats of Floam.
All in all I am so happy with this mani, my bf loves it (Floam is his favorite polish of mine) & I will be wearing this again!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the blue!

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)
    http://simplejoyofpolish.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I can't believe I passed on it so many times before I bought it.

      Delete
  2. That looks so cool. It reminds me of that paint you could by that came in an aerosol can. I think to kind of get a kitchen counter top effect? ;os Don't know if I'm making sense but thats what it reminds me of :oP

    ReplyDelete