Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Glittery emo?

I love wearing black/dark polishes & to me it doesn't matter what time of year it is, but I know to some people black/dark nail polish is goth/emo.
This weekend I wanted to wear glitter/sparkly nails, but I wanted to use darker polishes & here's what I came up with:
inside, artificial light

outside, sunlight
I used Julep basecoat, 1 coat of Color Club Revvvolution & 1 coat of NYX Girls Frizzy Spots--you can't really tell in the pictures, but it is so holo-glittery in real life!  It's the dark version of the mani I wore for Father's Day (at the end of this post).
Here's what I've gotten off of copious.com with the last credits (I did pay extra for some of these polishes):
Pretty Polish Spectraflair Top Coat, China Glaze Ick-A-Bod-Y, Holly-Day, Stone Cold
I still have 1 more polish coming from copious.com & it's one of *my* biggest lemmings so of course it's taking awhile to get here, lol.
Have you got any polish lately?

5 comments:

  1. Everyone is a little emo ;) I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like layering different shiny/glittery polishes--love the look.

      Delete
  2. I love wearing dark sparkly shades in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! To me wearing certain colors only at certain times of the year is just boring.

      Delete
  3. This is a great combo!
    I wanted to let you know that I tagged your blog for the Liebster award! The details are on my page :)

    ReplyDelete