Monday, July 30, 2012

Somewhere over the rainbow....

Sorry I've been slacking when it comes to blogging--my internet was off for a few days though (damn Charter!).
I decided I wanted to try & do a full sponged mani & here is what I came up with:
I know this isn't the best clean up (I did clean it up better), but I really wanted to get a picture taken.  I started off with NYC Grand Central Station as a base coat, 2 coats of Zoya Christinna (white for under the sponged on colors) & then used the following colors for the "rainbow"--Zoya Lara (pink), Arizona (orange), Creamy (yellow), China Glaze Four Leaf Clover (green), Zoya Robyn (blue) & Mira (purple).  I topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite.
As much as I loved how this looked (I know the sponging isn't the greatest, but it's the best I've ever done), I noticed the next day that I already had a couple of chips.  Normally Zoya polishes don't chip on me so I'm thinking it has to do with NYC Grand Central Station.  I decided to ass a little more to the mani:

I added Pretty Polish Spectraflair Top Coat that I got off of copious.com.  I LOVE this top coat!  As much as I loved this whole look, the mani peeled off in chunks (most of the nails peeled off in one chunk).  I won't be using Grand Central Station under any mani I actually want to last from now on. I'll post tomorrow with the polish I've gotten off of copious.com & the mani I've had on since Saturday (which I didn't use Grand Central Station).
Ever try a sponged mani?

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!!! I love how you added the Spectraflair top coat over the design. Stunning!!
    I am waiting for a holo topcoat to get mailed to me, and I am so excited!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! I'm in love with the spectraflair top coat & I'm so glad I finally bought it--I'll be using it all the time!

      Delete