Friday, August 3, 2012

Cling film mani

I've seen the cling film/Saran Wrap mani on a few different blogs (sorry, I don't remember which ones, but I'm sure you could just google it) & decided to try it.
I started with a base color of Sinful Colors Irish Green (3 coats):
Sinful Colors Irish Green (indoors, natural light)
I didn't use it over a white since I knew I was going to add a color over it.  I decided to layer sinful Colors Why Not over Irish Green (I like the green/blue combo).  I put a few drops of Why Not on a piece of wax paper & took a small piece of cling film & balled it up, dipped it into Why Not & then dabbed it a few times on the wax paper before I started to dab my nails.  Here is what I ended up with after clean up & a coat of Seche Vite on top:
Sinful Colors Irish Green & Why Not (outdoors, sunlight)

Sinful Colors Irish Green & Why Not (indoors, natural light)
I don't know if this is exactly what it's supposed to look like, but I like the effect & how it turned out.  I'll probably do this type of mani again with different color combos.

No comments:

Post a Comment