Thursday, August 30, 2012

Glue base coat

So I've been seeing people post pictures from Pinterest (I think) where it shows to use plain white glue as a "base coat" for glitter manis so you can just peel them off instead of scrubbing or using the foil method.  I don't know who came up with the idea so I can't give credit, but I figured I'd try it & see if it would work.
I started off by putting a coat of Elmer's Glue-All Multi-Purpose Glue.  I don't have an empty nail polish bottle to put the glue in so I just put a blob on paper & used the paint brush that comes with the cheap water colors to spread it on.  I let it fully dry & then pull on 5 different glitter polishes (to see if it would work for different sized glitters & whatnot) with a top coat of Seche Vite:
Thumb-pinkie: NYX Girls Dorothy, Rainbow Honey Hoof Wrassle, KleanColor City Never Sleeps, China Glaze Electrify, OPI Metallic 4 Life
After they dried I took a toothpick & started to peel from my cuticle until I could grab the polish & peel it away.
Peeled off polishes

As you can see they all came off & I hardly have any polish left on my nails to clean up:
IT WORKS!  The next time I'm going to put on a glitter mani I will try this again (since I didn't wear it for any amount of time).  Have you/will you try this?

5 comments:

  1. That's a great idea, I'll try it next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great post! Your nails look nice even without polish :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard about this technique from a loyal customer of mine. She requested an empty polish bottle for this and I sent her one. I'm gonna have to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't work the best the second time I tried it, but I'll try it again since it worked once.

      Delete