Friday, August 24, 2012

Not what I wanted

Today I have 2 manis to show you that, IMO, are both fails.  I hate when I have an idea in my head & when I go to do it it doesn't turn out like I want.
Up first is a mani I tried to do because I thought my husband would like it:
I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Adore since blue is his favorite color.  I have a few polishes from this collection (Romantique I think) even though I really don't care for this type of finish (I *hate* seeing brush strokes).  I was going to stamp hearts along with the key (in Color Club Antiquated--didn't fully turn out), but I couldn't pick them up (I was trying to use Color Club Hot Like Lava) so I put on a coat of NOPI Honey-Dew You Love Me? &, since I did this at night, didn't know that it turned Adore into some weird greenish color.  This was a total fail for me besides the fact of my husband saying he likes Adore.
Next up I wanted to do something simple yet not plain for this weekend so I came up with this last night:

I used 2 coats of China Glaze Pelican Gray & then sponged on Essie Stroke of Brilliance (blue) & A Cut Above (pink) on the tips.  I don't hate this (my husband kinda does because of the tips), but it's not really what I was wanting either.  I still haven't decided if I'll take this off or not--depends how lazy I am & what we're planning to do this weekend (nothing much, I know that).

1 comment: