Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shimmery rainbow

I've had the idea for this mani in my head for awhile (if you haven't noticed, I'm a *bit* obsessed with rainbows), but again it didn't turn out how I had pictured it, but I don't hate it.
Shimmery rainbow
Sorry about the crappy indoor/artificial light picture (I need to stop being lazy & make a light box).  I started off with a coat of L.A. Colors basecoat topcoat & then did 3 coats of each of the following colors (thumb-pinkie): Spoiled Shrimp On The Barbie, Spoiled Vitamin C, Funky Fingers Belle, Funky Fingers Pixy Dust & Pure Ice In The Mood.  Honestly, all of these colors applied lovely & basically have the same formulas.  The Spoiled polishes do have way wider brushes that I'm not really fond of.  I freehand added OPI Grape...Set...Match to the tips (gotta have purple to complete the rainbow!) & added a coat of Seche Vite.
I decided to add some purple dots to add a little more character:
I like these, but I don't love them like I thought I would.  Also, does anyone know if these Funky Fingers colors (the yellow & green) are dupes for the yellow & green in the Color Club Take Wing collection?  They look like they could be.
I might take the plunge & try to do a water marble mani for this weekend--wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment