Friday, September 14, 2012

2fer Friday

I have 2 manis to show you today since I've been lazy & haven't been posting.
First up is a glitter mani that I used the glue base with:
China Glaze Material Girl

China Glaze Material Girl

As stated above I started out with a base coat of Elmer's glue.  I used 2 thin coats & let them dry completely before adding 3 layers of China Glaze Material Girl over it.  Material Girl is a clear base packed with micro rose gold glitter, small rose gold glitter & medium holo glitters.  This polish spread evenly & covers great.  There isn't an over abundance of the holo glitters, but you can see them on the nail & they add dimension to this polish.  I added 2 coats of Seche Vite & waited 2 days before taking this off.  I thought that the glue base would help it come off as well as it did before for me, but this time I only got about 1/2 of each nail off before I gave up & used remover to get the rest.  Not sure why the glue base didn't really work this time, but I will try it again to see if I can get it to work.
My second mani is one that I used my striping tape with:


I started off with 1 coat of LA Colors basecoat topcoat & then added 1 coat of Sinful Colors Island Coral.  After Island Coral dried I cut pieces of striping tape & added them to my nails randomly, not wanting to do a pattern.  Over my ring & middle fingers I added Sinful Colors Olympia & over the other 3 nails Sinful Colors Greek Isles.  I waited a couple of minutes before removing the tape (not long enough for the top color to dry) & then waited a couple minutes more before adding a coat of Seche Vite (not sure why I got bubbles??).  My husband said he really liked the end result even though he doesn't like Island Coral on its own.  I haven't used striping tape in *years*--I need to stop being so lazy & to do manis like this more often (they really don't take very long).  I love these colors together--they're like dusty versions of pastels & I think they work really well for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment