Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to the '80s

The mani I put on Saturday reminds me of the 80s--let's see if you agree:
I started with Julep base coat & then put on 2 coats of Pure Ice Kiss Me Here--my favorite gray polish (it's the exact color of my bathroom walls).  I added 1 coat of Lush Lacquer Pink Panther over it.  Pink Panther has a mix of pink, black & white matte glitters that are tiny, small, medium & large hex (the tiny pink glitters may be round???).  I love this glitter polish & the fact that you get a lot of glitter on the nail in just 1 coat.  I put 2 coats of Seche Vite over everything & even though it's not 100% smooth the "texture" didn't bother me.  The largest hex glitters (you can see 1 on my middle nail, towards the tip) do stick up a bit, but if your nails are flat (or you can get the glitter on a flat part of your nail) it should be fine.
I really like the combo of this mani & how it looks like paint splatter if you don't look too close.

*I'm putting myself on a no-buy for awhile since I bought so many new polishes in August--I really should use the polishes I have.  If anyone has any polishes (like their own indies) they would like to send me, shoot me an email at vdpurington@gmail.com, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment