Saturday, September 8, 2012

Feelin' blue

First off I want to show you a picture of the gray mani I showed in my last post:
Sorry it's kind of blurry--I took it outside as the sun was going down, but this is 6+ days later!  Besides where my nails grew & very little tip wear this mani held up like steel, I almost hated taking it off.
My son's soccer team is blue this year (we let him dye his faux hawk blue--it's too cute) so I decided to do a mani in blue for today's game (they lost 3-2, but it was a good game).  I didn't know the exact color of the soccer shirts since they don't get them until right before the first game so I choose to use a blue I hadn't yet:
China Glaze Frostbite, NOPI Make a Comet-ment
I used 2 coats of Julep base coat (in hopes to prevent staining) & then 2 coats of China Glaze Frostbite.  This blue is simply stunning & in person it looks like it glows.  The first coat went on a bit rough (pulling & whatnot), but the second coat smoothed it out.  I used Nicole by OPI Make a Comet-ment as an accent finger.  I put a coat of Seche Vite over everything to help it last (Frostbite really doesn't need it, it dries very shiny).  I love this mani even if Frostbite is a darker blue than my son's team ended up being (next week I'll do a mani with a closer blue).
I finally decided on ordering the Zoya color spoons for the polishes I have (instead of having to swatch them all).  I don't have them all, but here are the ones I did get:
Zoya color spoons (in order I have them stored so the matte colors are at the end/on the right)
If anyone has the following color spoons & don't want them please contact me--Lolly, Loredana, Phoebe, Posh, Savita, Veruschka & Harlow (I don't own the polish, but I WILL some day!).  The others I don't have are either LE colors, not out yet (like Song) or I'll order in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment