Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Go Pink Wednesday--Oct. 10

Today is the second Go Pink Wednesday!  My mani today is dedicated to my cat Hannah.  This might sound a bit weird, but let me show you why:
Hannah

Hannah
She's my sweet black & white cat who rocks her pink collar & pink ribbon tag.  Here's a little info about her before I show you my mani:
~we adopted her & our other 2 cats a little over 2 years ago from the shelter, she's around 3
~she used to get beat up by a cat named Simon at the shelter, one of the reasons I wanted her
~she's short & stocky (weighs a little over 10 lbs) & has small paws & needle-like claws
~she loves cat treats & human food (really likes cheese) & stands up on her back legs to beg
~it took her 15 months to lay on my lap & not just next to me, but now she does it all the time

Now onto the (simple) mani!
Orly Flirty--no topcoat

Orly Flirty--no topcoat

Orly Flirty--no topcoat

Orly Flirty--with topcoat
I have on Orly Flirty--a bright (neon?) pink with soft purple & white shimmer.  I used 3 coats because I had a couple bald spots, but I could have gotten away with 1 if I used a bit thicker coats.  Flirty dries to a suede/rubber finish.  The top picture shows the white shimmer the best, the second picture shows the finish the best, the third one shows the purple shimmer the best & the bottom one shows it shiny with topcoat (1 coat of Diamond Dry).
This last picture shows my complete fail at trying to stamp on tips.  I tried a few different ways & I just couldn't get it to stamp on straight/centered.


13 comments:

  1. I love flirty with your skin tone. I've yet to be able to master stamping either, but keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wasn't sure if it's too bright for me. Stamping the full designs & tips doesn't work well for me, but I keep trying, lol.

      Delete
  2. Love the pink ribbon tag on Hannah. Very pretty shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pink on Hannah since she's black & white. Our gray & white male has a red collar & our tabby has a teal one--I made sure they'd look good on each cat, lol.

      Delete
  3. Hannah is so gorgeous! she stole the blog... I barely saw your mani (sorry!)
    but I notice a great colour... and again I say I love Hannah!!! hehe
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I think she's pretty sweet & much better than my mani!

      Delete
    2. same here! am sure the nails are amazing but am her for the cat :D my cat steals my posts all the time and I cant say I blame anyone! :) love her!!!! I could just hug her and squeeze her (gently)

      Delete
  4. Hannah is a sweetie!! My Jake is a black and white kitty so I'm partial. Your pink polish is really pretty. There is just something about pink!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love black & white cats, we actually went to the shelter to get a different one, but he wasn't available.

      Delete
  5. I like the randomness of your stamping. It's cool! I also love your sweet kitty, love her black & white coat! She's going pink, too, I see! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to stick to the small stamp designs, but thanks!

      Delete
  6. Hannah is adorable! One of our cats is b/w batman cat. I adore b/w cats :))

    ReplyDelete