Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Go Pink Wednesday

Blogger Finger Painting Fingers is doing Go Pink Wednesdays in October for breast cancer awareness.  I decided to join in honor of my 91-year old grandmother, who is a breast cancer survivor.

Zoya Happi & China Glaze Strawberry Fields plastic wrap mani
I decided to use my favorite pink polish for the first Go Pink Wednesday--Zoya Happi.  It's a pale pink with a yellow/gold shimmer (looks more yellow to me) & it's just lovely.  I used 2 coats since I knew I was going to be putting another polish over it, if I was wearing it alone I would have used 3 coats to even everything out.  After Happi dried I scrunched up a piece of plastic wrap & dabbed China Glaze Strawberry Fields over it for a subtle difference.  In my opinion SF is the "dark" version of Happi--darker pink with darker gold shimmer.  I topped it with a coat of Seche Vite.

Here's to hoping they find a cure to ALL cancer!

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty color and the name is so perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color! Congrats to your grandmother who is a survivor, my mom and aunt are as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the! Where can I get Zoya Happi in Canada?!? I think I need this shade NOW!! lol. Hats off to your grandmother, she is an amazing person to survive BC and live to 91, if thats not inspiration I don't know what is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get all of my Zoyas from their website, but they don't ship outside of the U.S. I'm not sure if there's any stores in Canada that sell Zoya. Happi is the lighter color on my nails--if you see the other bloggers at the end of my post #30 did a mani with just Happi so you can see it better (it really is a lovely color).

      Delete
  4. Love the soft look of your plastic wrap mani! So pretty. Happy to hear your grandma is a survivor. Proof that breast cancer can have happy endings too!! Thanks so much for joining Go Pink Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete