Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rainbow Honey The Yokai review

Today's nail mail was some new LE polishes from Rainbow Honey to review--how lucky am I?

The Yokai is a collection of 3 LE polishes that will be available starting October 13.  http://www.rainbowhoney.com/
Rainbow Honey Oni, Kitsune, Kawako

First up is Oni (The Malevolent Wild Demon):
Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni

Rainbow Honey Oni
Oni has a black/brown/green base with tons of gold/green & silver shimmer.  I didn't see the silver shimmer until I was outside & even on this very cold, overcast day the shimmer popped.  This polished applied amazingly well & I did 3 coats with no topcoat.
 
Next up is Kawako (The Mischevious River Child):
Rainbow Honey Kawako

Rainbow Honey Kawako

Rainbow Honey Kawako

Kawako has a dark blue base packed with silver/white & light blue shimmer.  In the bottle I could see some iridescent flakies, but they didn't show up on the nail at all.  That's fine with me because this polish is gorgeous & applied amazing.  I used 2 coats with no topcoat.
 
Last, but not least is Kitsune (The Magical White Fox):
Rainbow Honey Kitsune

Rainbow Honey Kitsune

Rainbow Honey Kitsune
Kitsune has a light yellow base packed with gold shimmer, tiny red glitter & small holographic glitter.  It sort of reminds me of ground mustard (& yes, that is a compliment--I LOVE mustard, & so does my husband & son.  None of us even eat ketchup).  This one was a bit thicker than the others, but still applied great.  I used 2 coats with no topcoat.  The only "bad" thing about these polishes is that the shimmer sticks to your skin when you take off the polish, but that happens with all shimmers.  I just use a sugar scrub to help remove it.
 
I'm honored to be part of the review for these polishes & I hope that I did them justice.  Kawako is my favorite, what's yours?
 
*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review*

1 comment: