Monday, October 15, 2012

"This Is Halloween" zombies

Today's "This Is Halloween" Nail Art Challenge is zombies.  My husband, son & I just watched "Shaun of the Dead" so I guess I was in the zombie mood, lol.
zombie nails--inside, artificial light

zombie nails--outside, cloudy natural light
When I started these I fully intended on making faces or whatnot on them, but once I had the skin done I loved how it looked & wanted to leave it.  For the base I sponged on 2 coats of China Glaze Westside Warrior mixed with Pure Ice Kiss Me Here.  I thought it looked a bit too dark so for the third coat I mixed Kiss Me Here with China Glaze Trendsetter & sponged it on.  I then sponged on just a bit of Zoya Rekha for the blood spots.  I topped everything with NYC Matte Me Crazy since I figured matte was a better finish than shiny when it comes to zombie skin.  These have also made me have the song "Zombie" by the Cranberries stuck in my head, lol.
Check out Pretty & Polished Pointers to see more zombie nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment