Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Zoya Ornate Collection

I was so surprised (& honored) last week to get an email from Zoya saying that I could get the entire Ornate Collection for review!
 
The Zoya Ornate Collection can be found here for $8 each.
 
Zoya Ornate Collection
Zoya Ziv

Zoya Ziv

Zoya Ziv
Ziv is a gold foil with silver shimmer.  I used 2 coats for full coverage & no topcoat.  I'm not a big yellow gold person, but I can see myself wearing this polish, it's honestly the best gold polish I've ever owned.

Zoya Logan

Zoya Logan
Logan is a festive forest green foil with gold shimmer.  I used 3 coats for full coverage & no topcoat.  Green is my favorite color & I do like the polish, but I wish a company would make a green with shimmer that ISN'T gold.  A blue or pink or purple shimmer would be very nice (& unique).  I would have rather seen this polish have the micro holographic glitter like the next 3 polishes do--I think green polishes get the short end of the stick a lot of the time.

Zoya Blaze

Zoya Blaze
Blaze is a raspberry red jelly-like polish with micro holographic glitter.  I used 3 coats for full coverage & no topcoat.  I do think that the holographic glitter sinks a bit in this polish when it's on the nail, but it is still very sparkly & pretty.

Zoya Storm

Zoya Storm

Zoya Storm--blurry to show glitter
Storm is a black based polish with tons micro holographic glitter.  I used 3 coats for full coverage & no topcoat.  This polish is a very "wearable" black--it's not too dense in color & the holographic glitter shows amazingly.  I'm sure I'll be wearing this one a lot.

Zoya Aurora


Zoya Aurora

Zoya Aurora--blurred to show glitter
Aurora is a plum based polish with tons of micro holographic glitter.  I used 3 coats for full coverage & no topcoat.  This is probably my favorite of the collection as well as my husband's.
 
Zoya Electra over Storm, Aurora, Logan, Blaze & Ziv
Electra is a clear based polish with small holographic bar glitter.  I used 1 thick coat & no topcoat.  Zoya describes this polish as "a micro fine diamond holographic glitter mixed with large silver holographic bar tinsel in a clear base", but there is no micro fine diamond holographic glitter in the mix--when I didn't see it on the nail I swatched a bit on a piece of white paper & there's nothing except bar glitter.  This polish isn't very unique, but it is pretty, but you can find basically the same thing from a drugstore polish.

 
All in all I really liked this collection.  I do wish Zoya would change Electra & add in the micro holographic glitter so it's a little more unique.  Which ones will you be getting?
 
 
*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment