Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year! I'm back!

Wow, I can't believe I haven't blogged since before Thanksgiving.  I'm so sorry, but I have had a lot going on (besides holidays, my father-in-law had prostate cancer & was in the hospital 2 weeks longer than he was supposed to be after his surgery.  Even though he wasn't home for Christmas he is now & they got all the cancer).  My resolution for this year is to blog at least once a week.

Today I'm going to show you the last two manis I did--one for Christmas & one for New Year's.

Salon Perfect Snow Flurry & Glam Glitter

Salon Perfect Snow Flurry & Glam Glitter
I actually got both of these polishes at our Christmas at our house with my family (on the 22nd).  I wore Zoya Ziv that day.  I started off with 3 coats of Salon Perfect Snow Flurry.  I could have gotten away with 2 coats, but I messed it up a bit.  Snow Flurry has a bit of subtle silver shimmer that makes it look like newly fallen snow & it applies & covers like a dream.   I added 1 coat of Glam Glitter over Snow Flurry & topped with a coat of Seche Vite.  Glam Glitter has micro silver glitter, tiny green glitter & small red glitter.  Not the most uncommon mix, but it was perfect for Christmas.

Zoya Storm accent nails, Color Club Gift of Sparkle with China Glaze Water You Waiting For over it

Zoya Storm accent nails, Color Club Gift of Sparkle with China Glaze Water You Waiting For over it

Zoya Storm accent nails, Color Club Gift of Sparkle with China Glaze Water You Waiting For over it
These were my nails for New Year's.  I did 2 coats of Zoya Storm as accent nails & 2 coats of Color Club Gift of Sparkle with 1 coat of China Glaze Water You Waiting For over top & then topped everything with a coat of Seche Vite.  Gift of Sparkle is a really pretty darker blue shimmer polish that applied & covered amazingly.  The only problem I have with the polish is the smell after it's dry since it's scented, I just don't care for it (neither does my husband or son).  Water You Waiting For is a mainly blue glitter polish that also has some green glitter in it, I think it worked great over Gift of Sparkle.

I got a new camera for Christmas from my parents & I'm hoping to figure out how to take better pictures & hopefully I'll make a light box sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment