Friday, January 11, 2013

Zoya Lovely Collection

I finally got around to swatching the Zoya Lovely Collection.  5 out of 6 of these colors are re-releases of LE colors from Zoya.  I had all of the LE colors already so the only polish that is new to me is Blu.  I just cut my nails shorter this week & I love how these colors look on the shorter nails.
For each of the swatches I used 2 coats (unless stated otherwise) of polish alone, no base or top coats.
First up are the 3 polishes originally released for the The Zang Toi Spring/Summer 2013 Collection:
Zoya Julie
Zoya describes Julie as a "soft Wisteria purple metallic", but I honestly don't think any of these 3 polishes are metallic, they're more of a glass fleck/shimmer.  That being said, this polish is extremely beautiful that goes on flawlessly & covers in 2 coats.  This will probably become my go-to pastel purple.
Zoya Piaf
Zoya describes Piaf as a "fresh Forsythia yellow metallic".  Again, this polish went on flawlessly & covers in 2 coats.  I love yellow polishes even though they don't normally look good with my skin tone.  I would love to see this on a darker skin tone--I think it would look fabulous!
Zoya Gie Gie
Zoya describes Gie Gie as a "blushing Cherry Blossom pink metallic".  Surprisingly, this was my favorite of the 3 "metallics".  It's not that I hate pink polishes (Zoya Happi is honestly my favorite Zoya), but I'd rather wear other colors.  I didn't want to take this one off though!  2 flawless coats that covered perfectly & I felt like I should have on a matching pink lipstick like a 50s housewife, lol.

Next up are the 2 re-released polishes from the Peter Som Custom Color for NYFW Spring/Summer 2013 Collection:
Zoya Neely
Zoya describes Neely as a "earliest Spring Green creme".  This polish is a very pretty minty green creme that was just a bit thick, but was perfect in 2 coats & super shiny when dry.  I love green polishes, but I'm not sure if this one looks right with my skin tone, doesn't matter, I'll still wear it.
Zoya Jacqueline
Zoya describes Jacqueline as a "perfect Magnolia nude creme".  This was the thickest of the polishes & took 3 coats to even out, but I loved it once it was on!  This was the first one I swatched & I did not want to take it off.  I know that it doesn't look exactly right with my skin tone, but I will wear this when I want a nude--I couldn't stop looking at my nails.
Zoya Blu
Zoya describes Blu as a "lucky Hyacinth blue creme".  Blu is the only new color from this collection & it is perfection!  I swatched this last so I could wear it for my mani & I just love it.  This creme wasn't thick at all, went on in 2 flawless coats & is super shiny.  I can see this being used in a lot of nail art when spring hits--this is just the perfect baby blue.  Since I kept this on as my mani I topped it with a coat of Seche Vite (after I took pictures) for durability & I did get shrinkage.  This is the first time shrinkage has happened to me while wearing a Zoya topped with Seche Vite & it really makes me sad.  Either way, I've had Blu on for 2 days now & besides the shrinkage it's still perfect & I still keep staring at my nails.

The Zoya Lovely Collection is available now for $8/bottle.  My favorites are Blu, Jacqueline & Gie Gie, what are yours?

*These polishes were sent to me for my honest review*

1 comment:

  1. Thought I'd let you know, you don't know me but I've nominated you for a Leibster Award! Info is on my page if you haven't heard about it! rubytipsandtoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete