Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Birmingham nails

A guy who went to school with my youngest brother-in-law pitches for the Birmingham Barons (the AA team for the Chicago White Sox--my husband's favorite baseball team that has been carried down through his father & his grandfather) & my father-in-law has been asking all of us if we'd like to go down to see him & of course we were all for it.  We decided to leave on June 8th for the 1,700+ mile round-trip (driving), the only bad thing is we found our a couple of days before we left that he was on the DL.  We still drove down there, surprised him at the game Saturday night & then got to spend Sunday night hanging out with him (the game got rained out Sunday anyway).  It was really nice seeing him & I really hope that the White Sox call him up by the end of this year.

Anyway--onto my nails.  I knew I wanted to do something where I could add on to my nails without having to repaint them & even though this isn't what I first wanted to do (I didn't have enough time to do them the way I wanted), I did get compliments on them (the guy giving out the beer wristbands said he liked my nails, lol):
Pure Ice Castle of Dreams, Fairy Godmother
 I used 2 coats of each polish & they both covered wonderfully.  The blue is Pure Ice Castle of Dreams & the purple is Pure Ice Fairy Godmother.
Sunday morning I added on to the mani with a couple of polishes I took with me:
Hopefully you can see it in the photo, but I added a coat of Pretty Polish Spectraflair Top Coat & then a coat of Cover Bands Lacquers Sticks 'n Stones & covered everything with Seche Vite.  I really loved how this looked & wore it for over a week.

Birmingham was beautiful & I wish I would have gotten to see more of it, but overall I'm really glad that we went down there.
Birmingham Barons Regions Field

No comments:

Post a Comment