Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sponged Rainbows

I've wanted to do this design ever since I bought Wicked Polish Hung Over The Rainbow--
So the pic doesn't make it look as bright as the colors are in real life, but I *LOVE* this mani!  I started off with a base coat then 1 coat of Zoya Purity.  I added another coat of Purity to my ring finger nails to even them out (you know how white polish looks with just 1 coat) & then added 3 coats of Wicked Polish Hung Over The Rainbow to my ring fingers to get the layered/rainbow effect I wanted.  Then I used a makeup wedge & China Glaze Pool Party (pink), Zoya Creamy (yellow) & China Glaze Hanging In The Balance (blue) to make the gradient rainbows.  Covered everything with a coat of Seche Vite & then cleaned the polish off my fingers & around my cuticles (not the greatest cleanup, but we were getting ready to leave).  The few people who actually saw my nails last night said they loved them--I'm keeping this mani on as long as I can.  I love Hung Over The Rainbow, but it is slightly thick & even though it's packed with glitter, sometimes not a lot comes out.
Hope everyone's having a great weekend, it's rainy (flooding) & hot in SW Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment