Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July nails & newest hual

Hope everyone had a great 4th!  My family & I didn't do much, but we will be going to a pretty great semi-private fireworks display on Saturday (people we know get a permit to buy/light off fireworks that would otherwise be illegal in Wisconsin).  Here are the nails that I did for the 4th & will be sporting all weekend:
I used 2 coats of Pure Ice Platinum Magic Base Coat then added 3 strips of stipping tape per nail & brushed on OPI Gone Gonzo! for the blue part & China Glaze Love Marilyn for the red (it's the only red glitter polish I have that doesn't have a black base) & then added 1 coat of Seche Vite to top it all off.  I really love this design & it was pretty simple.  This mani was inspired by another blogger, but I don't remember who (sorry!).
Today I went to the Sally closest to where I live (about 50 minutes or so from me) to see if they had any good red tags deals since it's 50% off red tag items this weekend.  I didn't find any red tag deals, but I did get some Finger Paints polish since they are buy 2 get 1 free this month:
Finger Paints Pink Perspective, Iconic Orange, Leonardo's Lime, Silkscreen Green, Inkblot Blue, Peacock Portrait
I also bought some cotton pads that have a plastic back for the times when I mess up a nail or two & need to take off my polish.  I do make sure to look at my receipt from Sally's--it didn't take off one of the polishes so the lady had to refund my money.
I also stopped by the Walmart by Sally's to see if they had the new Fing'rs display since the Walmart in my town sucks & doesn't have it yet (wouldn't be surprised if they never do)--I found the display, but there wasn't any of the tattoo sheets or decals left & that's all I want, but I did find the Salon Perfect Floam dupes!
Salon Perfect Exploded, Bang, Jolt, Zapped, Kaboom, Shocked
I *love* these!  I can't believe I don't use Floam or Elemental Styles Neon Lights (mostly yellow with pink) more.
I also got my Polish Addict Nail Color polishes I bought in the mail today:
Polish Addict Nail Color Fireflies, Hypnotize

Polish Addict Nail Color Fireflies, Hypnotize
I'm loving these too & they were on sale for $5!  Fireflies has butterfly glitter (I've been wanting a polish with butterfly glitter) & it glows in the dark!
Can't wait to try out all my new pretties--I wish I didn't like my mani & pedi (Zoya Arizona with Rainbow Honey Magic Cake over it--so cute) so much!  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment