Friday, July 19, 2013

Mint Mani for Talia Joy

I had heard of Talia Joy Castellano, the 13 year old beauty blogger who had two forms of cancer, when she was on The Ellen DeGeneres Show & became an honorary CoverGirl, but I had never watched any of her YouTube videos until last night/this morning.  She passed away on Tuesday & my heart goes out to her family & friends.  In her honor, blogger Nail Polish Wars (Facebook) came up with the idea of doing mint manis today.  My mani is very simple, but I like the way it turned out:

I used two coats of Pure Ice Home Run for the mint color & three coats of Pure Ice Castle of Dreams for the blue middle nail.  I topped everything with a couple of coats of Diamond Dry & added a puffy heart glitter to each nail (I didn't notice the one on my thumb had ripped in half until after my picture).
I added the blue accent nail in honor of my Uncle Marv who passed away from prostate cancer 4 years ago today (the prostate cancer awareness ribbon is sky blue).  Overall today/this weekend has been very sad & depressing & I just keep thinking one thing...
FUCK cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment