Thursday, August 8, 2013

Rainbow Honey The Summer of 199X... review

*The polishes in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
 
Awhile ago I got sent three polishes from Rainbow Honey's The Summer of 199X... collection.  I actually had to look it up to see what the inspiration for this collection was & it turned out to be the Super Nintendo video game Earthbound.  While I love old school (NES & SNES) video games & my husband, brother-in-laws & son are all video game addicts; none of us have ever played the game.
Rainbow Honey The Summer of 199X... box

Rainbow Honey Apple Kid, Mint Flavor, Magic Cake in box
Again, I love how these polishes are packaged--too cute!
Rainbow Honey Mint Flavor

Rainbow Honey Mint Flavor
Mint Flavor is a very pretty baby blue with teal-silver shimmer.  I love this color, but the polish was very gloppy.  I used three coats trying to get everything to even out, but it just wouldn't.  This is not the normally consistency of Rainbow Honey polishes (in my experience) so I think it's a fluke.  The next time I wear this polish (& I will since it's beautiful) I'll just add a drop of thinner to it.
Rainbow Honey Apple Kid

Rainbow Honey Apple Kid
Apple Kid is a very pretty fuchsia with pink shimmer.  The formula on this was a dream & it covered completely in two coats.  This may not be sort of polishes I migrate to color-wise, but I know I'll wear this again.
Rainbow Honey Magic Cake & Special World over Zoya Arizona & China Glaze Grape Pop

Rainbow Honey Magic Cake & Special World over Zoya Arizona & China Glaze Grape Pop
Magic Cake is made of different sized square & hex glitters in neon pink, green & blue in a clear base that has just a bit of shimmery white microflakes.  I used Magic Cake over Zoya Arizona (orange) & China Glaze Grape Pop (purple).  The bottom picture is more color accurate.  On my ring finger I sponged on Arizona & Grape Pop & then topped it with Rainbow Honey Special World--a limited edition polish that Dee made for her birthday last month.  I'm loving this look, if I don't keep it on for this weekend then I will wear it sometime in the future.

You can find Rainbow Honey on Facebook & you can buy her polishes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment