Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Zoya Satin Collection review

*The polishes in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
 
Today I have the Satin Collection from Zoya.  This part of the fall Cashmere & Satin collection are all shimmers/flakies.
Zoya Maria-Luisa
Maria-Luisa is a gold flaky glitter topper.  I have one coat of it over my (stained) bare nails in the above picture--one coat provides quite a bit of glitter.  In the following pictures of the other colors from the Satin collection I have added one coat of Maria-Luisa to my middle & ring nails to show how it looks.
Zoya Channing
Channing is burnt orange with shimmer & is gorgeous.  I really wish I could find a crème polish this exact color--so perfect for fall.  Maria-Luisa doesn't show up very well over it in the picture or in real life.  I used two coats, but one coat could have worked.
Zoya Mason
Mason is pink-purple with shimmer.  This covered completely in two coats.  Maria-Luisa shows up decent over Mason & the combo together is really pretty.
Zoya Claudine
Claudine is dark gunmetal grey-black with shimmer that lightens up the polish so it isn't too dark.  I love this color, but I also think that if someone wants to wear a dark/black polish, but isn't really comfortable with it this would be a good polish.  Maria-Luisa shows up well over Claudine, but I don't care for the silver/gold contrast.  This was two coats.
Zoya Neve
Neve is darker blurple (blue-purple) with pink shimmer.  This polish is a one coater!  Maria-Luisa shows up well over it & the combo looks good together.
Zoya Giovanna
Giovanna is emerald green with shimmer & my favorite from the collection.  I've worn this before & it matches my Philadelphia Eagles jersey perfectly.  Maria-Luisa shows up well over it, but the combo is a little too Packer colors leaning for my taste (yes, I'm from Wisconsin, but I'm not a Packer fan.  or Badgers.  or Brewers.  LOL).  This was two coats.  I didn't use a base coat when I swatched this & I did see a little staining (which came off when I scrubbed with remover), but it didn't stain at all when I wore it with base coat.

You can find the Satin Collection for $8 each at zoya.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment