Saturday, January 11, 2014

Galaxy nails

This is my first ever attempt to do galaxy nails.  Yeah, I'm a bit behind everyone else, but honestly, I don't care if something is popular or whatnot.
I started off with two coats of Sinful Colors Whipped over a base coat (I should have used a matte topcoat for a basecoat so my nails weren't shiny at all):
Sinful Colors Whipped
Whipped went on amazing & dried quickly (as most mattes do).  I love how this polish is a great black matte & it was only $1.98 at Walmart.
Over the black I used a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust then I used Pure Ice Platinum Magic base coat (white), Zoya Robyn (blue), Zoya Pippa (yellow) & Zoya Lara to create the "galaxy" & then put a few dots of white on my nails for stars, added a bit of Fairy Dust over the galaxy & topped everything with a coat of Nina Ultra Pro matte topcoat (GREAT matte topcoat!):

Galaxy nails
I don't love them, but I don't hate them.  I think part of the reason I don't like them is because of the sparkle from Fairy Dust--I didn't want that much sparkle. I will probably try this look again (& hopefully like the outcome more) since it only took about 10 minutes to do the galaxy part.
Have you ever tried doing galaxy nails?  Do you like or hate the look?








No comments:

Post a Comment