Saturday, August 23, 2014

Zoya Awaken collection & Monet

*These polishes were sent to me for review*


I know I'm very late in getting these reviews out, but life happens.  Today I'll be showing Zoya's Awaken collection along with Monet, a glitter topcoat.
Zoya Dot with Monet accent
Dot is a light pink cream.  I used 3 coats & it went on lovely.  Very shiny without having to use top coat.
Zoya Cole with Monet accent
Cole is a light peach/orange cream.  I used 3 coats without topcoat.
Zoya Brooklyn with Monet accent
Brooklyn is a yellow/gold shimmer/metallic & was my least favorite from this collection.  I don't normally like gold anyway, but I just don't think this color fits in with the rest of the polishes--I think there should have been a more yellow polish (perhaps a light yellow?).  I used 2 coats & it was streaky & shows brush strokes.
Zoya Dillon with Monet accent
Dillon is a minty green metallic with silver shimmer.  This one surprised me by being more sheer than I would have thought--I needed 3 coats for full coverage.
Zoya Rebel with Monet accent
Rebel is a sky blue metallic with silver shimmer.  This was my favorite of the collection.  I used 2 coats for full coverage.
Zoya Hudson with Monet accent
Hudson is a light orchid metallic with silver shimmer.  I used 2 coats for full coverage.
Zoya Monet over Purity & Raven
I wanted to also show Monet over a black & a white so I choose Zoya Purity & Raven.  Monet is a multi-colored cellophane glitter topper in a light pink base.  It does slightly tint the polish it goes over, but I don't think you can tell much except for on Purity.  I think it looks best over Dillon & Raven, but over Purity it looks like sprinkles on frosting which is a cute look.

You can buy the polishes for $9 each (Monet is $10) at http://www.zoya.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment