Sunday, March 22, 2015

nail-aid Acetone Power Gel review

I've seen the nail-aid Acetone Power Gels at Wal-Mart, but never thought to buy them, but after reading a couple of reviews & watching a couple others I thought that for $3.88 I may as well give it a shot if I could take off glitter polish in four minutes.
I still had on my mani from last weekend (which I posted about yesterday) since I've been sick & haven't felt like doing my nails & I thoughts that it'd be great to test this out on.
I started with just my pointer finger on my left hand:
I waited the four minutes like it says to (& yes, it was cold like I've read on other reviews, but acetone is always pretty cold to me--nothing that I can't handle though, it didn't make my fingers "sting" or anything) & then wiped it off with a paper towel:
Hmmm...that basically did nothing.  So I dipped all five fingers from my left hand in the gel, waited another four minutes & wiped it off again:
Again...not much of anything happened.  A little bit came off of my pointer finger, but that's because this was the second time for that nail.
I'm not sure if this didn't work because my mani was a week old or if it's because I had a few layers of polish on or what, but either way this *didn't* work for me & that's really disappointing since I'd rather not do the foil method to take off glitter polish (which I ended up doing) & also because this gel claims to work--it doesn't say anything about how old your mani is or how many layers of polish you have on (& this was just *one* layer of glitter polish!).  I'll test this again the next time I wear glitter polish, but I'm not getting my hopes up that it'll actually work.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed on a vid I seen on youtube that the girl lightly filed across her nails first then did it but took a few dips in to get it off. I've not tried it I just use peel off base coat these days instead of acetone and foil. Xx

    ReplyDelete