Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pretty...ugly?

Today's post is the first of a double post this weekend (the next one will be up tomorrow at noon).

Last weekend I tried & failed a couple of times to do a mani (the base & top coats weren't working in my favor) so I went with something completely different--& ended up hating it.  Oh well, let me show you what it looked like:
NOPI Kim-Pletely In Love with Rainbow Honey Elevate & Special World glitters
I started off with Nicole by OPI Kim-Pletely In Love as a base color.  This polish was one of the Kardashian polishes from a couple of years ago--it's a very light pink with blue shimmer.  It's a pretty color, but it took four coats to cover.  I was already pretty sick of doing my nails by this point, but the light pink looked so bad with my skin tone & I was not going to start over so I grabbed a couple Rainbow Honey glitter toppers--Elevate & Special World--& added them.  I added a couple different top coats to smooth everything down & even though the glitter helped I still didn't really care for this mani.
What do you think--love?  hate?  indifferent?  Do you ever wear a mani even if you don't love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment