Thursday, April 2, 2015

NYC Strip Me Off review

My Walmart *finally* got the NYC Strip Me Off base coat so I picked up a bottle & decided to use it last weekend.  I intended on adding glitter to my mani, but I painted my nails so late Friday night that it didn't happen.
Sinful Colors My Buoyfriend & Cream Soda
I started with a coat of NYC Strip Me Off then added a coat of ridge filler.  I used two coats of Sinful Colors My Buoyfriend (which is actually more purple in real life than the picture shows) & three coats of Sinful Colors Cream Soda--I'll say here that I didn't really care for this color combo, but it was late & I don't think I've ever used either color so I kept it on.  I added Diamond Dry topcoat which made my polish shrink (I hate that).
As much as I didn't really care for how the mani looked I kept it on until Sunday night when I grabbed the t.v. remote for my husband & my right hand thumb nail polish fell off.  I decided to peel off the rest of the polish:
polish peelings!
The bigger chunk of My Buoyfriend that is shiny side up is the one that fell off--everything else I peeled off just using my nails & they came off very easily.  Also note that this picture is way more color accurate.
All in all NYC Strip Me Off works well, but I have a feeling it's basically glue in a bottle (even smells like glue).  I will be wearing this the next time I know for sure I'm wearing glitter polish & I'll let you know if it works as well then.
Have you used Strip Me Off?  Did it work for you?

1 comment:

  1. I've not used that one but I do use miss sporty peel off base it dries quick. Does the nyc one dry fast too? If so I'll have to look for that one too xx

    ReplyDelete