Friday, October 9, 2015

Not trying to be too negative, but...

I think my first (?) attempt at negative space nails was a complete fail.  I had an idea in my head, but it just didn't translate to my nails:
I started off with Nina Ultra Pro Matte topcoat as a base coat & then used masking tape cut in half width-wise with just a sliver cut off of that (the half pieces were still a bit wide) & tried to lay those straight across the middle of my nails.  I used all Zoya polishes (Sooki, Sharon, Josie, Breezi & Mira) to paint near my cuticles & the tips & then lifted the tape off, cleaned up what leaked under the tape & touched up the spots I needed to.  I added a coat of Nina Ultra Pro Matte topcoat to top it all off.
Okay, so maybe this wasn't a *complete* fail, but it didn't look the way I wanted.  Maybe if I had shorter nails or the tape was straighter (I'm looking at you Sharon on my middle nail) & it would probably also help if my nails didn't curve so much.  Funny, I used to like that my nails curve, but not I wish they were just a bit more flat.
What do you think of these nails?  Do you like negative space nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment