Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday the 13th Inspiration

Today's mani is another one that didn't turn out like I pictured it, but I don't think it was a total fail either:
I started off with a base coat & then two coats of Zoya Chantal since I wanted a light "skin toned" color (even though it's still darker than my actual skin tone) & topped it with a coat of Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat.  Then I used a dark purple BIC Mark-It permanent marker, colored all over the bottom of a shot glass with it & poured in a couple drops of rubbing alcohol, mixed it together & splattered it on my nails with a small paint brush.  I repeated that with a dark blue & dark green marker.  I topped the splatters with another coat of HK Girl top coat.  For the owl I used the Born Pretty Store BP-L019 plate & made a small decal on my stamper (I need to practice stamping directly on my nails) & then topped it with another coat of HK Girl top coat.
I don't think this design is terrible, but I didn't factor in the marker/alcohol mix flooding my cuticles & getting all over my fingers & being a pain to get off--thankfully none of my fingers or nails got stained.
And as for this being "Friday the 13th inspired"?  Well, my 13th tattoo got finished yesterday & it was the inspiration for the nails:

**If you use the code BPL91 at Born Pretty Store you'll get 10% off your order.

No comments:

Post a Comment