Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 New Year's Eve nails

Happy 2016!  My husband got me the Matte Velvet collection from Zoya for Christmas & I *love* the colors, but wanted to do simple/clean nails for my NYE mani so I used Aspen from the collection:
Zoya Aspen
According to Zoya's website Aspen "can best be described as a sparkling arctic white with a micronized diamond pearl fleck".  This is a dead-on description.
I did use a base coat & then used three coats of Aspen.  I do think that I could have used two coats to cover fully, but I didn't let the polish dry enough in between coats (even though they looked matte) & a little pulling occurred which required the extra coat.
After 4+ days of wear I do think that the matte aspect holds up better than a lot of other matte polishes that start to look shiny from wear/everything that gets on your nails, but that could partially be from it being a white polish.  I also don't have any tip wear which is damn good for a matte.
As much as I love this polish I do think it would look better on shorter nails (just my personal opinion).
diamond pearl fleck in Zoya Aspen
 Do you own any of the polishes from the Matte Velvet collection?  Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment