Monday, July 4, 2016

Ohh say can you see...double?

Happy 4th of July!  If you aren't from the United States, it's our Independence Day.  I don't normally do a lot of "holiday" manis, but I did red, white & blue nails (I still like my ones from 2013 more--you can find those here):
 Polishes I used for this mani:
*NYC Strip Me Off base coat--one coat under everything.
*OPI Dating A Royal--two coats for coverage.  This is this first OPI polish I ever bought & even though it seemed thinner than I remember it being it still covered well.
*Salon Perfect Spirit Fingers--I used the white stars out of it & then also added some of the glitter clear coat over it.  This polish also has red & blue stars.
*Pure Ice Siren--two coats, but I honestly could have used one.  This polish is the perfect "power red"--the color I think of boss ass ladies in movies/tv shows/whatnot having their nails painted.
*Pure Ice Platinum Magic Base Coat--two coats for coverage.
*INM Out The Door topcoat--one coat over everything.

I really do like how this turned out; I almost added white glitter over the red & red glitter over the white, but I'm glad I left it simple.
Now for the double part; I painted my right hand differently so I'll also show you that mani (1/2 a mani?):
Different Dimension Right To Vote 2012

What I used for this mani:
*NYC Strip Me Off base coat--one coat under everything.
*Different Dimension Right To Vote 2012--three coats for coverage.  This is a really pretty milky base with red, white & blue glitters.  This isn't for sale in her shop, but she does have other very pretty polishes (including a red, white & blue that's similar).
*Salon Perfect Pa-tri-otic--I dabbed this over my thumb, middle & pinkie fingers.
*Salon Perfect Speck-Tacular--I dabbed this over my index & ring fingers.
*INM Out The Door topcoat--one coat over everything.

I like how this turned out as well.  Both of these designs are fairly simple, but fun.  I hope everyone has a safe & happy 4th of July weekend!

**Pure Ice Siren was sent to me for my honest review & Different Dimension Right To Vote 2012 was sent to me for being a voter in the 2012 election.

No comments:

Post a Comment