Thursday, November 10, 2016

Seeing green...

Friday morning (November 4th, 2016) I decided to paint my nails with a couple new Zoya polishes I ordered, but hadn't used yet:

Zoya Wyatt & Merida (sorry for the picture, it was taken in the car & is the only one I took)
What I used:
*NYC Extra Shiny Top Coat--used as a base coat which I have done before with no problems.
*Zoya Wyatt--one coat on my thumb, index & pinkie nails.  This covered amazingly just as Zoya suggests that it will.
*Zoya Merida--two coats on my middle & ring nails.  This is a beautiful deep green polish with holographic particles in it.  Easily a new favorite.
*Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat--one coat over everything.  This is super fast drying & one of my favorite top coats.

Over all I *LOVE* this combo of polishes (I did see that this combo was posted on Zoya's Instagram, but honestly it's not that hard of a stretch to pair these two together.  I also bought August & Alicia & think they would look very good together in a similar mani), but my right hand thumb started chipping less than 24 hours after I did this mani & a few other nails were chipping by that night & I wasn't doing anything "hard" on my nails or out of the norm (if anything I was trying to keep my mani as nice as possible since I had a wedding to go to & was out of town all weekend).  I have used the base/top coat combo before with no problems--I can normally get a week or more out of most of my manis--so I do think that the formula on these (especially Wyatt since Zoya is marketing it as a one coater) is a bit different/not as strong.  I'll wear this combo again (probably many times since green is my favorite color), but any time I wear these new "one coaters" I will make sure to use two coats.

Do you have any of these polishes?  Have you had them chip?

No comments:

Post a Comment